Sunday, 15 April 2012

Baking Adventures

After a short week last week, boy was I ever excited for the weekend to start yesterday. Can we say TGIF?

Greek Oikos Blueberry Yoghurt with Kashi Go Lean Cereal, followed by more fresh blueberries. 

Lunch was followed by Freshii Whole Wheat Wrap again. Freshii salad mix, edamame, cucumbers, sliced egg, black beans, chick peas, croutons, and half serving of spicy peanut sauce. 

Went for what was going to be a quick run after work but it ended up being a bit further than anticipated. I was watching the season premiere of Mad Men during my run and I guess a good show is just what I need to keep me going.


For dinner, I fixed up a random assortment of such..

Sauteed spinach with garlic, Chinese style scrambled eggs with tomato, boiled lentils, and pan fried firm tofu that was marinated with soy sauce, sesame oil, a bit of sugar, and rice vinegar. 


Saturday breakfast (or actually brunch) was pancakes again though I added a twist this time: in addition to the blueberries, there were chocolate chips! Andrei definitely appreciated that :)



I had decided to bake up something old and something new this week. I made my usual banana loaf muffin, except this time, into little cupcakes. More convenient for  on the go!


Then I decided to try some meringue cookies. So easy to make and the best part is that there's no flour or butter! 

Simple Pecan Meringue Cookies
  • 3 egg whites 
  • 1/2 cup sugar (I would use less - the batch turned out sweeter than I had hoped)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 cup of crushed pecans (or walnuts)
Preheat the oven to 250F. Beat the egg whites in a dry bowl with an electric mixer until it's foamy. Then slowly fold in the sugar (while beating) one tablespoon at a time. Beat for another 2-3 minutes. At the end, sprinkle in the pecans and mix for another minute or so. Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for about an hour and 15 minutes. Let it cool down for another half an hour before serving! 















No comments:

Post a Comment