BRRR. Winter definitely officially made a comeback today. How did we go from sunny 21 degrees to windy -5 degrees? What a way to start off the work week...Oh Toronto - you never seize to surprise me.
Weekend Part I.
Friday was a break from the routine outdoor run and hot yoga: back on the elliptical (45 mins) and a quick jog on the treadmill (15mins). The workout was followed by the above yumminess: classic Chinese dish of scrambled eggs with tomatoes (always a favorite of mine), roasted brussels sprouts, sauteed broccoli, and pan fried firm organic tofu with red chili pepper.
It was way too windy and suicidal to run on outdoors again on Saturday so I settled for interval training on the treadmill followed by some weights at home..
The boyfriend and I finally made it to the restaurant Bannock for dinner on Saturday (such a great reward after a workout :). We've been talking about it for months but never got around to it. SO WORTH THE WAIT.
 |
| Our shared appetizer: Pickerel Taco + Apple Cucumber Salad. Absolutely delish. The "taco" was more of a Chinese "bao" (bun), which I really liked. (Sorry for the poor lighting...) |
 |
| My dish was the Seared BC Albacore Tuna Teriyaki with glazed carrots and ginger semolina. The flavor of the fish was very full and complemented with a very light teriyaki sauce (I hate it when they just clobber and drench things with thick teriyaki sauce). |
 |
| The boyfriend's order of Onion Glazed Pork Shoulder with Spaetzle. According to him (since I'm still off meat), it was really good. The meat just melts in your mouth and was rich in flavor. |
 |
And the piece de resistance! S'mores Pie with homemade marshmallows!! Okay I know what all of you are thinking...there's chocolate. I realized this AFTER I ordered (yes, I had a blonde moment) and yes, I did cheat a little....but it was so friggin good that it was worth it....TOTALLY.
|
令人垂延三尺
ReplyDelete