Hi y'all! Sorry for the delayed post! It's been a busy start to the week but hey, at least it's a short one! :)

Late friday night snack - Fresh strawberries (pretty sure it's genetically modified - no strawberries should be that big!) and pineapple slices, accompanied by red vino :) We watched the Girl and Dragon Tattoos. Thought it was kind of drawn out and disturbing at points, but overall, pretty good!
|
On Saturday morning, I decided to whip together an omelette ... with whatever I had in the fridge. I was so excited and it looked promising at first but...
 |
Sauteed together some onions, red peppers, frozen corn, and mushrooms.
 |
| Fold in the fillings with the scrambled eggs in a larger pan. Grated fresh parmesan cheese on top. I was really nervous to flip the other side of the egg over.... |
 |
And this was the result :( I think the pan was too big so it was too hard to flip. NEXT TIME will be better I hope. But..it still tasted good, despite its lackluster appearance!
The weather confined me to the indoors for my workouts this weekend, which is quite unfortunate because the run is next Saturday! I did about 9.8K on Saturday on the treadmill (intervals) and 8K for Sunday...
|
|
I proceeded to reward myself for my run on Sunday by ...baking! I decided to try out a super duper easy recipe that I saw online - Instant Oatmeal Bread!

- 5 packets instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 mashed bananas
Mix everything together and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes and voila! Serve while hot :)
The boyfriend took me out to a vegetarian restaurant afterwards. He's one of the biggest meat eaters I know so that was sweet on his part :) The restaurant, Fressen, is on Queen West. Our table was in a really dark corner with an awkward red light so all my pictures didn't turn out that well :(
 |
Our Appetizer - Eggplant Manicotti. Crumbled Tofu, sun-dried tomatoes, and pesto rolled in rolled in a thin layer of seared eggplant with a tomato herb puree.
 |
Andrei's dish: Grilled Tofu Kabobs - skewered gluten, peppers, and mushrooms marinated in a bbq sauce and served with roasted potatoes and mixed vegetables
.JPG) |
My dish: Moroccan Stew - stewed sweet potato, onions, carrots and chickpeas in a cumin infused tomato broth served with brown rice
Overall, I really enjoyed the meal because it was definitely something different and the flavors were all kinda new and interesting for me. Go check it out!
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment