I am always amazed by the super energetic morning people...you know, the ones that wake up at 6am (or earlier) and go for a run and come back in time to make a healthy breakfast AND make it to work on time? Yeah. Definitely NOT me. I am a scrambler in the morning. It's a good thing I live close to work because I pretty much wake up 30 mins before I have to get to work. Yep. I am one of those.
So...breakfast at home is rare. I'm usually munching on my breakfast at work while scrolling through the news...
| Sprinkled in some Kashi Cereal with Oikos Blueberry Greek Yoghurt , followed by some red globe grapes.
For lunch, I had stir-fried together whatever was in my fridge with some alfredo sauce.
Firm Organic Tofu, Broccoli, Red Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, and Onions mixed in Alfredo sauce, over Catelli Whole Wheat Spaghettini.
And obviously I was hungry by 4 so I snacked on some of these....
Then I went for a 8K run on the treadmill after work. Tried interval training (both sprinting and incline). I will...most likely be sore tomorrow :(
I decided to finally try making Kale Chips ... SUPER easy to make. Note to self though for next time: less salt!
Separate Kale leaves from its stem. Throw the leaves into a bowl and mix them with about a tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle in Salt and Red Chili Pepper to taste. Then lay the leaves flat on a baking pan and bake at 350F for about 15-20 mins. Voila. Almost as good as real chips...? :)
I stumbled across the blog "Iowa Girl Eats" and fell in love with one of the recipes: Thai Fried Quinoa. I decided to give it a shot tonight and I must say...absolutely LOVED IT. My pictures don't do its justice (I really need to learn how to take more appetizing photos...), but you can check out the recipe on her blog (Iowa Girl Eats - Thai Fried Quinoa)
I cooked the Quinoa in light coconut milk and chicken broth for about 20 minutes. In the pan, I stir fried together ginger, garlic, and green onions, then I added in peas and the pineapple tidbits for about 3 minutes. Cracked two eggs in a separate bowl then mixed it in (as in picture). Then, just threw in the cooked quinoa and cooked for another 5 minutes.
This might just be one of my favorite quinoa recipes!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment