Saturday
Last weekend was a jam-packed one since it was Canada Day long weekend. It started off with a picnic at High Park with my dear friend Katy...
Bottle of Prosecco, Cheese and Fruits. Also had some delicious onion bread on the side but I forgot to take a picture of it :(
For dinner, I went to my favorite go-to again: Bannock.
East/West Coast Shrimp Roll with radish + carrot salad on the side. Always hits the spot :)
After dinner, I somehow made it onto the elliptical for 50 minutes, followed by some time in the weight room. I did about 3 sets of bicep curls, tricep curls, push ups, and then sit ups.
Sunday
Woke up early on Sunday to catch the 8:30am bus to Guelph. Andrei wanted to take me to visit the Elora Gorge before the barbeque at his house (and before the Euro cup final) so we had to get an early start. We walked around the forest area for a good hour or so. Absolutely stunning. Felt so good to get out of the concrete jungle and into the nature!
Afterwards, we went back to Andrei's house for some good ol' barbeque....
Andrei mastering the grill. Variety of meat for the group but salmon pieces on the right for me :)
Potato salad, grilled corn, salmon and bread with eggplant spread. Definitely went back for seconds on the appetizers and salads...
We originally wanted to go see the fireworks at Ashbridges Bay but it was too far and we got back into Toronto too late. So instead, we decided to go to Real Sports Bar for some midnight snacking...
Sweet potato fries for me...and a pound of wings for Andrei. Not pictured: a pint of Coors Light.
Monday
I desperately needed to go for a run outdoors on Monday (especially after the midnight snacking the night before!). I decided to switch up my route a bit ... and instead of going along the lake, I went north up to Queens Park.
6.1K, 35 minutes
Refueled from the run with a low fat smoked salmon cream cheese and avocado sandwich and coffee on the side, followed by some homemade cherry cake dessert (I didn't make it!).
The weather remained gorgeous for the whole day so I met up with my friend for a walk along the lake. There were so many food stands around for all the festivities by the Harbourfront...couldn't help but pick up some snacks: Thai mango salad and a vegetarian spring roll.
Dinner was leftover from the barbeque on Saturday (added some frozen veggies on the side)...it was still as delicious as ever!
I finished off the dinner quickly and relaxed for the rest of the evening on the couch with a good movie (Sherlock Holmes 2!). Hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend!!


No comments:
Post a Comment