Alright, just to fill everyone in, I am currently giving up meat and chocolates for 40 days for Lent. So if you are wondering why there's a lack of meat or yummy pastries with chocolates in my diet, that's why :)
So I started off my day with some good old Kashi cereal with white-milled Chia seeds soaked in some almond milk. Also finished it off with some fresh sliced pineapples on the side :)
And for lunch, I brought left-overs: stir-fried some onions, cucumbers, red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and firm tofu together. Added on some light alfredo sauce over whole wheat pasta.
As the afternoon wore on and I continued to stare at Excel spreadsheets at my desk, I naturally got hungry (duh?). I would have normally went downstairs and bought some chocolates, but....my current dietary restrictions would not allow me to do so (a good thing!). So...I munched on some raw almonds for energy and half of a Clifs bar (I can never finish a whole bar ... so filling!!). Each bar packs in approximately 10g of protein and 43g in carbohydrates...good for energy before a run!
And to fill everyone in again...I signed up for the Harry Rosen 8K run and the Yonge Street 10K run in April. I have mainly been "training" for the runs on a crappy treadmill in my condo because we all know how un-nice Toronto weather can be during the winter (ok yes I know it's been a mild winter this year but still...too cold to run outside for me!). But the weather yesterday was so nice (13 degrees+) that I just had to get out of the gym and run outside (as opposed to feeling like a hamster on a treadmill). So I embarked on an 8K run along the Waterfront. With my new nifty Nike+ shoes, I was able to track my run with GPS. I thought the calibration might be a bit off because it was only my second time using the Nike+ chip, but it was surprisingly pretty darn close!
Hopefully my time will get better before the race but I think I'll be happy just to finish the race in one piece :)
After the run, I decided to try out a variation of one of the green power smoothies that I found on the internet yesterday. Though most might thwart away from it due to its ghoulish green color and thick texture, it was absolutely delicious and filling at the same time!
For those interested in the recipe...
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 red apple (I used Empire this time)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of almond milk (sweetened or unsweetened)
Throw everything into a blender and blend until...well, everything's blended! Add some ice if you want to dilute the shake.
Alright, that's it for me today. Hopefully I'll be able to whip up some interesting recipes and share it with you guys this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment