Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Eurocup Fever!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend! Mine was filled with ... lots of sports. NBA Eastern Finals (boo Heat!), Stanley Cup, French Open, and of course, the first round of Eurocup! I'm not the biggest fan of soccer but the boyfriend is and so I'm semi-obligated to watch...
SATURDAY 
Saturday morning started off with a new concoction of mine...smoked salmon with low fat herbs & garlic cream cheese whole wheat bagelwich (with some sliced tomatoes and cucumbers). On the side, fresh cantaloupes and blueberries.


My workout on Saturday consisted of an hour on the elliptical at a resistance of about 6 while watching the last season of Lost on my iPhone. Yes I KNOW. Lost was like 5 years ago but I never got around to watching the last season...now is my chance!
After my workout, I got a bit hungryat around 4 but knew I was going to be going out or dinner shortly thereafter so I just fixed up something small and quick...
Scrambled egg whites with pepper and tabasco sauce, followed by freshly juiced beet, carrot, and apple juice!

Met up with a friend for dinner at Casey's on Front. Haven't been there in ages, but it was close to both our places and they just re-opened their patio!

Veggie burger with lettuce, red onions, and grilled peppers & zucchini. Sweet potato fries as side. 

SUNDAY
I woke up earlier on Sunday for a run to escape the heat. It was suppose to get up to 30 degrees that day (feeling like 38 with the humidity!!) and I definitely didn't want to run in that kind of heat! I left the house around 9:30 but it was already kind of hot...

Before my run, had a super quick "breakfast"...


 
I was noticeably a shade darker after my run .......

After the run, Andrei and I rushed to Little Italy on College St. to catch the Italy vs. Spain Eruocup game. The whole street was packed (imagine what it would be like the finals...if they make it that is...) and we couldn't find a spot in any of the bars/restaurants. We ended up watching the game on the street next to the bars' patios because they all had huge tvs. The atmosphere was just crazy when Italy scored. Unfortunately, Spain replied shortly thereafter with a goal of their own...The game ended at 1-1. We still had fun though :)
  

We walked around the city for a bit to soak in the heat but after a couple of hours, we definitely needed to cool off in doors. 

For dinner, we went to Spring Rolls by Yonge and Dundas. 
We order this every time: Sexy Summer Rolls. How can you NOT with a name like that? :P It's really just smoked salmon wrapped up with a bunch of lettuce in a thin roll. The sauce is amazing though - not quite sure what it is. 

Unagi Dragon Roll

Chef Hai's Special Roll - soft shell crab, tempura shrimp, crab meat, tobiko, avocado, cucumber, asparagus and mayonnaise, topped with shrimp and unagi. YEAH - there were lots going on in that roll....

If you ever go to Spring Rolls for their sushi, just know that each roll is HUGE. We made the mistake of ordering Cantonese chow mein on the side...way too much. 

Well that was my weekend in a nut shell! Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment