Saturday, 16 June 2012

Southwestern Style

Happy weekend everyone!

Friday's breakfast: All Bran cereal mixed in with Oikos Mango Peach Greek Yogurt. Fresh blueberries on the side. 

I decided to try to make a quick and easy recipe that I found on Runner's World magazine (June edition) for lunch this week: Salmon Chili Aioli salad.

Ingredients:
- 1 can of salmon
- 3 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha chili sauce (the recipe only called for 1 tsp but...I like it a bit spicier :)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill 
- 1 clove of garlic 

All you have to do is...mix everything together! You can eat it with any type of bread you'd like...I only had whole wheat bagels lying around so that's what I had. Added in a couple slices of tomato and spinach...



I would definitely make this again for lunch in the future. So quick and easy and yummy at the same time. I'm guessing it would probably work well with tuna too....?

Summer hours officially started this week at work...which means I get to leave at around 4 on Fridays! Makes it easier to sneak in a run on Fridays :) 

I took off at about 4:30pm...it was still hottttttttttt. Pretty sure I went another shade darker. 



Nike+ updated their online platform! Pretty nifty I must say :) It even tracks the elevation! 

For dinner, I whipped up a new dish that I saw on Eatingwell.ca...Southwestern Tofu Scramble! Basically just scrambled together firm tofu, corn, and zucchini together with some chili pepper, cumin, and pre-made salsa. (Click on link for ingredients and instructions). 

I substituted Monterey Jack cheese with Kraft's Mozarella and Cheddar mix. Kind of regretted it right away because it got extremely stringy...oops. 


I would definitely make this dish again too. It's surprisingly quick to make and filling at the same time...and I get my fix of protein! :)

And because I always need to eat something sweet after a meal...more mangoes! 



Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend so far! I'm off to the Radiohead concert tonight...woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment